Best place for News, fashion, entertainment, lifestyle, beauty, politics, inspiration, event and gossip

Saturday, 31 March 2018

Alleged looting: Secondus demands N1.5 billion as damages from Lai Mohammed

The national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Uche Secondus, has given the minister of information and culture, Lai Mohammed, 48 hours to retract his statement on treasury looters which included his name.

Secondus warned that its either the minister withdraws his statement within the given time or face legal action.

A statement signed by the spokesperson for the PDP chairman, Ike Abonyi, said through a letter by his lawyer Emeka Etiaba has called for a retraction of the minister's statement.

Abonyi said the PDP national chairman also demand a public apology and a payment of N1.5 billion as damages from Mohammed.

The letter with reference number: EESE&C/1/31/03/18 and dated March 31st 2018 was addressed to the Mohammed.

In the letter, Secondus' lawyer said said that the publication by the federal government through the minister has damaged the image of his client.

He also said that the chairman of the PDP has been "humiliated, castigated and vilified by many as a result of the falsehood published by the Minister"

Part of the letter reads: "We shall within 48 hours from today, proceed to a court of competent jurisdiction to ventilate our clients right under the law and shall further seek the protection of the court against you"

Secondus, had earlier threatened to drag the minister to court for including his name in the alleged list of looters released by the minister on Friday, March 30.

The minister had alleged that Secondus collected N200 million from the immediate past National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd), who is still being detained by the government.

A statement issued by his media adviser, Ike Abonyi, the PDP chairman said Mohammed should be ready to establish his allegations in court.

The statement read: "The attention of the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus, has been drawn to a press conference addressed by the minister of information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on Friday claiming that the national chairman collected N200m from the purse of the National Security Adviser (NSA).

"Prince Secondus is challenging Mohammed to be ready to establish his allegations in court immediately."

The PDP chairman said the agenda of the minister is to damage his reputation and distract him from serving his party but that he has failed woefully

"For the purposes of some gullible public Prince Secondus never collected any money from the NSA under any guise," the statement added.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop your comments in the below box for us to know how you feel about what you just read

Copyright © Giftnaija.Com | Powered by Blogger Design by ronangelo | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com